Seated toilets, which gained widespread use since the nineteenth century, have resulted in people who live in urban areas adopting an unnatural position for bowel movement. This has led to a great increase in the incidence of constipation, piles, haemorrhoids, diverticulosis, irritable bowel syndrome and many other diseases of the digestive tract. Although clearly not the only cause, the use of seated toilets has created a major health risk in the developed world, and increasingly in the developing world as well. In most rural societies of Asia and Africa where squatting is still the norm, these diseases are virtually non-existent. Similarly, many more pregnant woman and young children suffer from constipation and piles since misalignment of the colon during bowel movements creates even more straining when pregnant and in childhood.
Benefits of the Easy-Squat Stool include:
- Reduces straining during bowel movements
- Rapidly eases piles, constipation, haemorrhoids, bleeding and lower back pain
- Activates the pelvic floor muscles (which are otherwise neglected) to improve bowel and bladder function
- Eases bowel movement during pregnancy
- Provides a stable platform for children and relieves constipation
- Reduces the risk of waste impaction and diverticulosis